Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Forum Index -> The Mighty Barracks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allei

re: The Headless Horseman

Lycoris stood in the Cathedral of Light waiting at the alter for the High Priestess Laurena. She had just come back from Pandaria and was waiting for the news she was summoned about. It didn’t take to long for Laurena to descend the stairs from the second story and walk over to meet her.

“I’m glad you could make it, Sister.” Laurena said with a nod as she moved passed Lycoris and looked out the stained glass windows.

“I could not very well ignore a summons now could I?” Lycoris responded following slightly behind.

“As I'm sure you are aware there was a change at the Dark Portal. It no longer seems to bring us to the Outlands we are so familiar with. Seems this...” Laurena stopped a moment and turned her attention now fully to Lycoris.

“Iron horde as they are calling themselves, is using the portal now to invade. Our king has sent for every able body to head to the Blasted Lands.”

Lycoris nodded in agreement then.

“Yes Lady, I know of it, I was told not long after I got your summons, and I returned to the shrine.”

Laurena nodded then. “Good.” She would motion for for Lycoris to follow her as she headed towards the door.

“I want you to do something for me before you head off to the Blasted Lands.”

Lycoris nodded once more following a respectable distance behind her. “And what would you have me do?”

Laurena smirked a bit then as they walked and chuckled slightly. “Have you heard of the Headless Horseman?” She glanced back as she asked.

At Lycoris's slight confused nod Laurena continued. “He has been burning villages on the outskirts of the capitals. I want you to find a way to stop him, or to slow him down.”

Blinking at Laurena, Lycoris stopped a moment and stared at her in shock. That's when she realized they had made their way around the Cathedral and to the lake. “I.. I will try my best...”

“Very Good. I want you to head out to Blasted Lands once you are done. You'll know the Draenei to speak to once you arrive. Tell him what he asks, he will report to me.”

With Lycoris's nod of agreement Laurena left leaving her with her thoughts. She stood there for a few moments quite confused. She was summoned to deal with a Ghost? Ly only knew of the stories about the Headless Horseman, but she had no idea where to actually start. Well she was told that the Horseman was burning the villages around the capitals. To Goldshire then...

Closing her eyes Lycoris whistled a long tune and waited a moment. As she opened her eyes a large white drake descended from the spires of the Cathedral. Gently patting it on the side she jumped into the saddle and directed them to Goldshire. The wind blew through her hair and caused her to squint slightly. It didn't take them long to reach the now smoking town.

It seems the fires were put out and the shade of the Horseman was taken down. Lycoris was informed about the shade by a very loud and hyper young child. Gently patting the child on the head she turned and headed away from them to examine the large pumpkin that now sat in the middle of the square. She reached inside it as something glittered and she pulled out an old slightly charred holy symbol. The symbol was not one she was expecting to see though, it was a symbol the Scarlet Crusade used many years ago. She had thought the monastery lost, but she seemed to be wrong.

Standing she turned on her heel quickly glancing over the symbol as she walked over to the masked matron. The matron was able to give her a little more information about the Horseman before Lycoris headed over to the Flight Master. After a few gold was exchanged, she bought a ride to Western Plaguelands and Chillwind camp. As she landed she sighed and glanced around, the matron had told her of a story, that the Headless Horseman was once a Paladin of the Silver Hand.

Lycoris knew that Uther's tomb was near Chillwind, maybe she could find a bit out there as well. She sighed a moment and within a few moments she was flying towards the tomb. She landed at the beginning of the pathway and dismounted. Slowly walking up the path she stopped as she saw a figure ahead of her. She bowed slightly watching the figure carefully. High Priest Thel'danis walked into the light and returned the bow. “Why have you come child?” He would ask her.

That caused her to smirk slightly and she canted her head to the side. “I come for information about the Headless Horseman.”

That caused him to raise a brow and he crossed his arms a bit watching her carefully. “And why do you come here?”

“The Horseman was once a Knight of the Silver Hand, but I know not who, or why he became what he did. I have been tasked with stopping him.”

Thel'danis chuckled slightly and shrugged. “He was once called Thomas. He went insane after joining the Scarlet Crusade and killing his family. There was not much else to say about him. They beheaded him for his crimes against the Crusade but gave him a proper burial. After that something happened but not many know of what or why.”

Lycoris nodded slightly. “I thank you sir.. Seems I must head to the monastery myself to deal with him.”

With that she would bow once more and spin around to head towards the drake waiting still at the end of the path. If Thel'danis said anything else she did not hear it for the drake made a noise and moved towards her quickly. Jumping into the saddle, she barely had time to get situated before she was in the sky and shadow bolts flew by her. She sighed a moment as she saw the warlock they flew after staring at her and she shook her head a bit. They would head north-ish to find the Scarlet Monastery. From the rumors around the Shrine and the stories she was told, she would expect to find the Horseman somewhere inside the Graveyard.

She idly wondered where everyone was, maybe having sent out a call for re-enforcements would have been a good idea. Shaking her head a bit she glanced up at the sky as they flew into Tristfal Glades. She would arrive at the monastery shortly, then she would see if her information was right....

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: